Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

A day at the MUD: Make-up Designory Cosmetic Professional School


The night before at Locale Gastrobar in City Golf Compound along Julia Vargas...
Michelle: Shucks, I need a male model for tomorrow's class!
Trish: Why don't you use Matt?
Matt: [shaking his head]. No way!
Trish: How about Jai? [Facing Jai] Baby, do you want to be the model for Michelle's class tomorrow? 
Jai: [All flushed red and drunk] Sure! Why not. 
....and that folks is what you call, "taking advantage of the confusion"! What can I say, I learned from the best!


So on a lazy Sunday afternoon, armed with nothing but Iced Coffees to get us through the day, we drove off to Serendra to watch Jai participate as a model at the MUD Shop's Make-up Designory Cosmetic Professional School

Poor baby, didn't know what he got himself into!
I watched in the sidelines as Jai was used as a guinea pig. Hehe!

He helplessly sat there as Michelle did her magic

After 45 minutes in the hot seat, Michelle was finally done. Here's Jai's before and after shots:



The goal was to give Jai a natural, flawless look that didn't give away the fact they he had make up. I must say, he looks good and thinner too! Thanks to the contour make up applied on him that gave the illusion of a smoother and thinner face.

While I was laughing away at my husband's predicament, little did I know that I would be used as a model for the day too!


One of the student's model was a no-show for the day. Since I was already sitting on her chair, the teacher asked me if I might as well fill in for today.

As she started with her make up, she explained to me the different techniques needed to achieve a desired effect. Being a novice on the topic of make up, I enjoyed listening to her and seeing the techniques being done to me at the same time.  I told her about my issue that whenever I would have my make up done, I always end up looking "chinita". I told her that I would like to maintain my almond shaped eyes -- which she was able to do! Nice!

Here's my after photo:


I was supposed to be used as a "Mature Make Up" model. You know, the Mother of the Bride kind. But the student was nice enough to consider my request of a natural, no make up look instead. I have to say, she did a good job!

Here's our couple's photo:


Kudos to these lovely ladies whose passion for make up truly defines being a real artist. Unlike a painter who works with a blank canvas, they work with an existing canvas [human face] which I might say is difficult enough and turn the person into the best version of himself.

Great job and good luck on your finals next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...